An Integrated Approach to Women’s Health & Wellness
Are you looking for genuine relief from your symptoms? Trying to avoid the more heavy handed or invasive interventions? Are you ready for a truly integrative approach to women’s health care?
It’s time for a change. Traditional Chinese Medicine treats women’s health from a holistic perspective, and trusts the body’s innate healing possibilities. Restoring health and harmony is possible, even for complex or long standing conditions.
How can a Holistic Approach help you?
Acupuncture and Traditional Medicine work on a ‘whole person’ basis. Regaining health and maintaining wellness happens when ALL of the body systems are communicating effectively and working efficiently. Regardless of the reason you are coming in, we will always take into account Reproductive & Emotional Health, Digestion, Sleep, Elimination as well as your full health history.
As we focus on restoring balance, often conditions may start to resolve or improve, including:
- Painful periods (dysmenorrhea)
- Heavy periods (menorrhagia)
- Lack of periods or scanty flow
- Irregular periods or other irregular bleeding
- Endometriosis symptoms
- PCOS symptoms
- Uterine fibroids
- Ovarian cysts
- PMS or PMDD symptoms: mood changes, abdominal/low back/leg pain, breast swelling/tenderness, headaches
- Hormonal imbalance
- Perimenopausal or Menopausal symptoms: hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, mood changes, fatigue, weight gain
- Hormonal migraine
- Overactive bladder or frequent urination
- Mild prolapse of organs
What to Expect in a Treatment
As with almost any natural therapy, Acupuncture works on a gradual basis. Each session is meant to build on the previous one and is geared to the overall goal of treatment, plus what you need on that day.
- A typical treatment includes: full health intake on the first visit. This includes going over health history, current situation and goals for the treatments.
- We also discuss your overall state of health and any results or western medicine diagnosis that you may have from your MD.
- A treatment plan will be suggested in order to get the best results.
- Each visit includes body acupuncture and/or Arvigo® Therapy abdominal massage.
- Acupuncture needles are typically left in place for 30-45 minutes, depending on the treatment and individual.
- Recommendations for diet, mindfulness practices and self care protocols to follow at home are usually included.
For more read our article HOW TO MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR ACUPUNCTURE TREATMENTS
A Balanced Approach to Women’s Health
We also offer a number of other modalities in our treatments. These work beautifully alongside acupuncture for many women’s health issues. We also suggest the best evidenced based and traditional self care remedies to promote long term wellness.
Mind & Body
Frequently Asked Questions
How many treatments will I need to have?
Our goal is to help you feel better and excited about your progress as soon as possible. Each individual’s situation is different, and many factors may influence how quickly you get results. Acupuncture starts working right away, as well as most of the other suggestions we make including diet and stress management strategies. Generally acute conditions need fewer treatments, while long standing/chronic conditions may require longer treatment plans.
Does acupuncture hurt?
Our protocol involves minimal needling with very gentle, non-invasive techniques. Most clients do not feel any discomfort and find the treatments nourishing and relaxing.