What to Expect
Complimentary Q&A appointment
- Meet with us to discuss your current situation and health goals.
- Ask us any questions you may have about what we can offer and what to expect.
- There is no cost to you if you decide not to continue.
- The next step is your complete intake and first treatment.
Initial Visit and Plan of Treatment
- After a full health intake we’ll put together your treatment “plan of action”. Your first visit also includes a full treatment.
- Acupuncture and/or Arvigo® Therapy treatments are available and can be combined or booked separately.
- We include nutrition and lifestyle suggestions based on the best traditional remedies and evidence based research.
- Easy to follow directions for relaxing self care methods you can implement at home. This helps along your progress in between visits.
- Receive guidance on Mind-Body techniques to improve your mood and sleep as well as reduce stress levels.
Ongoing visits and care
- Customized treatments based on what you need at each visit.
- Each treatment will leave you feeling de-stressed and refreshed as you make progress towards your goal.
- As treatments progress: improved energy, digestion and sleep patterns, healthier looking skin and improved mood and focus.
- At the beginning we may need to space your visits close together in order to get the best results.
- Later, visits are spaced further apart as improvements progress.
- Our ultimate goal is to see you healthy and well, so that you are happy to naturally refer friends and family to us too.
How to Make the Most of Your Treatments
- Please arrive 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- Our office does not have a reception/waiting area – the clinic door opens 5 minutes before each scheduled appointment time.
- Please bring a list of any medications that you are currently taking.
- Plan to wear (or bring with you) loose, comfortable clothing such as tank top, shorts or loose pants that can be rolled up to the knees.
- If you have to remove any clothing for needling, cupping or massage please be assured we will provide proper draping and your privacy will be respected.
- If you are receiving Cosmetic Acupuncture please wear minimal or no face makeup (ie. foundation, powder, blush etc). Eye makeup is generally fine and will not be disturbed.
- Be sure to remain well hydrated, prior to and post appointment.
- It is recommended to refrain from caffeine and alcohol prior to treatment, and ideally for remainder of day after treatment as well.
- It is best to avoid any strenuous workouts within 2 hours before and after treatments.
Course of Treatments
- A recommended course of treatments will be discussed after your initial visit.
- Depending on the situation and your health goals, this may mean several visits fairly close together at the beginning,.
- Spacing visits close together helps to build on the cumulative nature of this type of therapy, and usually is best for a longer lasting effect.
- Based on how your treatments progress, we may re-assess what is suggested based on what is working for you and make modifications to the suggested plan.
- Generally as progress is made the treatments can be spaced further apart.
- Suggestions for self care, lifestyle and nutrition tips can help strengthen the effects of your treatment and prolong the lasting effects.