Optimize Fertility Naturally
Are you planning for pregnancy and preparing before TTC? Or perhaps you’ve been trying for a while, and it is not happening quickly for you?
Maybe you’re also dealing with endometriosis or other issues that make this more complex.
Regardless of where you are on the journey to parenthood, we can help.
How does Acupuncture work for Fertility?
Improves Ovarian & Uterine Health
Acupuncture can help boost overall health but in particular can improve ovarian function, yielding higher quality eggs. It can also help increase the thickness of the uterine lining, benefitting a healthy implantation.
Boosts Circulation to Reproductive Organs
Acupuncture points are chosen for their ability to increase healthy flow of blood and energy to the uterus and ovaries.
Harmonize Cycles in the Body
By helping to regulate the endocrine communication in the body, hormonal and menstrual systems return to a healthy balance.
What can Fertility Acupuncture help with?
Acupuncture and Traditional Medicine work on a ‘whole person’ basis. Optimizing Fertility happens when ALL of the body systems are communicating effectively and working efficiently. In addition to the Reproductive System, we also take into account Digestion, Sleep, Emotional Health as well as any structural concerns that may be affecting Fertility.
As we focus on the body restoring overall balance, we often find other conditions may start to resolve or improve, including:
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Endometriosis symptoms
- PCOS symptoms
- “Unexplained Infertility”
- Advanced Maternal Age
- Amenorrhea / no periods
- Anovulation / no ovulation or periods
- Recurrent miscarriage
- Hormonal imbalances
- Thin endometrial lining
- Stress, anxiety and depression
What to Expect in a Treatment
As with almost any natural therapy, Acupuncture works on a gradual basis. Each session is meant to build on the previous one and is geared to where you are at in your cycle.
- A typical treatment includes: full health intake on the first visit. This includes going over your reproductive health history, current situation and goals for the treatments.
- We also discuss your overall state of health and any labs or western medicine diagnosis that you may have from your MD or fertility clinic.
- A treatment plan will be suggested in order to get the best results.
- Each visit includes body acupuncture and/or Arvigo® Therapy abdominal massage.
- Acupuncture needles are typically left in place for 30-45 minutes, depending on the treatment and individual.
- Recommendations for diet, mindfulness practices and self care protocols to follow at home are usually included.
For more read our article HOW FERTILTIY ACUPUNCTURE WORKS
A Balanced Approach to Reproductive Health
We also offer a number of other modalities in our treatments. These work beautifully alongside acupuncture, and can be modified for any stage of your fertility journey. We also suggest the best evidenced based and traditional self care remedies to help you feel great as you prepare for pregnancy.
Mind & Body
Frequently Asked Questions
I'm already working with a fertility clinic? Can you still help?
Yes, our therapies work to support you at any stage of conventional fertility treatment. Whether you are just starting to work with your doctor, are doing a medicated cycle, IUI or IVF.
How many treatments will I need to have?
Each individual’s situation is different, and can depend on the fertility history as well as overall lilfestyle and health. Acupuncture starts working right away, but it may take anywhere from several weeks to months to see shifts in your fertile health.
Does acupuncture hurt?
Our protocol involves minimal needling with very gentle, non-invasive techniques. Most clients do not feel any discomfort and find the treatments nourishing and relaxing.