Promote a Radiant, Glowing You
Unlike harsh skin peels, Botox or other injections Facial Rejuvenation is more than just a “cosmetic treatment”. Acupuncture is always a holistic, “whole body” treatment.
What Can Cosmetic Acupuncture Help with?
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduce the look of under eye swelling
- Reduce appearance of sagging jowls
- Tightens and firms the skin’s appearance
- Reduce signs of stress on the face
- Brightened, clearer complexion
- Improved skin texture and tone
In addition to the face, we are also addressing the individual’s overall physical and emotional health. A person’s appearance is always closely related to how one feels and functions.
Quality of sleep, digestion and how stress affects you on a daily basis can influence skin tone, texture and even early signs of age.
Each visit includes face and body acupuncture personalized to treat the whole person.
Acupuncture needles are used on the face, as well as the scalp and on the body. The goal of facial acupuncture is to increase circulation and encourage the body’s own production of collagen.
Soothing Acupressure massage is used throughout the treatment on both face and scalp points.
Traditional jade facial massage tools help to gently clear congestion, cool skin and aid blood and fluid circulation.
Customized essential oils may be added to address individual skin issues such as dryness, acne, fine lines or decreased vitality.
IN THIS SECTION
Frequently Asked Questions
Are results noticeable right away?
Subtle results are usually noticeable after one treatment, but become long lasting after 10 or more weekly treatments. Results may vary from person to person and will also depend on your lifestyle (ie. smoking, water intake, sleep habits, etc).
How many treatments will I need to have?
Each individual’s situation is different, but with Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture it is usually recommended to have between 10 – 12 weekly visits in order to see lasting results.
After your initial 10-12 sessions are done we recommend monthly ‘maintenance’ treatments to prolong the effect. Long term individual results will vary depending on many factors including health, lifestyle habits, age and condition of your skin.
Does facial acupuncture hurt?
Our protocol involves minimal facial needling with very gentle, non-invasive techniques. Most clients do not feel any discomfort, and it is definitely not the same as getting cosmetic injections. For those who would prefer to avoid needles altogether, we can offer a complete Facial Rejuvenation treatment using non-needle methods only.
Are there any side effects?
As with any Acupuncture, there is always a slight chance of temporary bruising right after the treatment. For this reason we do not recommend Facial Acupuncture right before an important event, and can modify your treatment to use only non-needle methods if preferred.
Who should avoid this treatment?
Although Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture can be of great benefit to individuals at any age, there are some instances where it is contraindicated or not recommended. Please inform your practitioner if any of the following apply to you:
- contraindicated if you are prone to vertigo.
- contraindicated if you have high blood pressure.
- contraindicated if you have a bleeding disorder, ie. hemophilia, etc.
- contraindicated if you are currently taking any blood thinner medication.
- contraindicated if you are currently suffering from an acute herpes outbreak.
- contraindicated if you are currently suffering from a cold, flu or sinus infection.
- not recommended if you currently experience migraines or headaches on a regular basis. This treatment may increase headache severity. We can help you deal with the issue of headaches first, and then once you are headache-free can proceed to Facial Rejuvenation.
- not recommended if you are currently trying to conceive and are working through possible fertility issues. Acupuncture may be helpful to support fertility, but it should not be directed at facial rejuvenation during this time.
- not recommended during pregnancy. Acupuncture is very safe and can be helpful during pregnancy, but we do not suggest a series of intense facial rejuvenation treatments during this time.
- not recommended if you have had Botox or other injectibles in the past 4 months.
- not recommended if you have had skin resurfacing in the past 3 weeks.
- not recommended if you have had cosmetic surgery in past 6 months.
- not recommended if you are currently a smoker. Due to the damaging effects cigarette smoke has on skin you will not see the results you are looking for. If you are ready to quit and would like acupuncture to support smoking cessation, we would be happy to help you with this issue first.