Facial Acupuncture & Rejuvenation
Promote Radiant, Glowing Beauty with Cosmetic Acupuncture in Toronto
Acupuncture works naturally, without any harsh side effects. Unlike skin peels, Botox or other injections Facial Rejuvenation is more than just a “cosmetic treatment”. Acupuncture is always a holistic, “whole body” treatment.
In addition to the face, we are also addressing the individual’s overall physical and emotional health. A person’s appearance is always closely related to how one feels and functions.
Quality of sleep, digestion and how stress affects you on a daily basis can influence skin tone, texture and even early signs of age.
Each visit includes face and body acupuncture personalized to treat the whole person.
How does Cosmetic Acupuncture work?
Needles stimulate the body’s own production of collagen and increase the appearance of glowing vitality. Collagen is what gives skin its strength and elasticity in youth.
Although collagen production naturally diminishes as we age, it is possible to slow down the process with facial acupuncture.
Boosts Circulation to the Face
Acupuncture points are chosen for their ability to increase healthy flow of blood and energy to the face and scalp muscles.
Body acupuncture works on the same premise: points corresponding to the circulatory system balance the whole body treatment.
Overall Skin Health
In Traditional Medicine, the skin and face reveal the secrets of internal health. Each treatment also works internally, to optimize your whole health.
This may mean better sleep, improved digestion and elimination or a more relaxed facial expression as you feel the stress slip away.
What can Facial Rejuvenation help with?
What to Expect in a Treatment
Cosmetic Acupuncture works on a gradual basis. Each session is meant to build on the previous one. A successful series of treatments is built upon a cumulative healing effect.
- A typical treatment includes: full health intake on the first visit. This includes going over your skin type, concerns and goals for the treatments.
- We also discuss your overall state of health.
- A treatment plan will be suggested in order to get the best results.
- Each visit includes body acupuncture as well as facial acupuncture.
- Acupuncture needles are typically left in place for 30-45 minutes, depending on the treatment and individual.
- Acupressure, facial gua sha and scalp massage may be included.
- Recommendations for diet and home self care protocols are often included.
- A series of minimum 8-10 treatments is the recommended series for most individuals.
For more read our GUIDE TO FACIAL REJUVENATION WITH ACUPUNCTURE
Non-Needle Facial Rejuvenation
We also offer a number of other modalities in our treatments. These work beautifully alongside acupuncture, or can also be offered as a completely needle-free Facial Rejuvenation treatment. If you are looking for cosmetic acupuncture in downtown Toronto, but are wary of needles – rest assured we can still help! Effective treatments using a number of non-needle therapies are available.
Small glass or silicone facial cups gently glide over the skin, moving fluid through the body’s lymphatic system. Decrease the appearance of puffy skin and bring a fresh glow to the face.
Customized essential oils may be added to address individual skin issues such as dryness, acne, fine lines or decreased vitality.
Facial Gua Sha
Traditional jade and rose quartz facial massage tools help to gently clear congestion, cool skin and aid blood and fluid circulation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are results noticeable right away?
Subtle results are usually noticeable after one treatment, but become long lasting after 10 or more weekly treatments. Results may vary from person to person and will also depend on your lifestyle (ie. smoking, water intake, sleep habits, etc).
Is facial acupuncture better than Botox?
Facial acupuncture is not the same concept as Botox or any other fillers. How is it better?
It works completely differently, and you will not get the same ‘frozen’ appearance, or being unable to move areas of face (eyebrows, etc).
Botox cannot help to treat sun damage, acne or texture of skin. All of these concerns can be safely and effectively addressed by cosmetic acupuncture. Face and body acupuncture treats the entire person, providing stress relief that may help you frown less. If you are looking for a natural Botox alternative that works gently and safely, facial acupuncture can provide visible results over a series of treatments.
How many treatments will I need to have?
Each individual’s situation is different, but with Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture it is usually recommended to have between 10 – 12 weekly visits in order to see lasting results.
After your initial 10-12 sessions are done we recommend monthly ‘maintenance’ treatments to prolong the effect. Long term individual results will vary depending on many factors including health, lifestyle habits, age and condition of your skin.
How long does facial acupuncture last?
A series of treatments (minimum 10) will bring results that will generally last 1 year or more with regular monthly maintenance “tune ups”. We also suggest home care protocols that can help extend your results even further.
Does facial acupuncture hurt?
Our protocol involves minimal facial needling with very gentle, non-invasive techniques. Most clients do not feel any discomfort, and it is definitely not the same as getting cosmetic injections. For those who would prefer to avoid needles altogether, we can offer a complete Facial Rejuvenation treatment using non-needle methods only.
Can I still get facial acupuncture if I bruise easily?
In certain cases it is not recommended due to certain health issues, however we can also work with you to help prevent bruising. Each situation is different so please book a complimentary consult to go over your specific case.
Are there any side effects?
As with any Acupuncture, there is always a slight chance of temporary bruising right after the treatment. For this reason we do not recommend Facial Acupuncture right before an important event, and can modify your treatment to use only non-needle methods if preferred.
Who should avoid this treatment?
Although Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture can be of great benefit to individuals at any age, there are some instances where it is contraindicated or not recommended. Please inform your practitioner if any of the following apply to you:
- contraindicated if you are prone to vertigo.
- contraindicated if you have high blood pressure.
- contraindicated if you have a bleeding disorder, ie. hemophilia, etc.
- contraindicated if you are currently taking any blood thinner medication.
- contraindicated if you are currently suffering from an acute herpes outbreak.
- contraindicated if you are currently suffering from a cold, flu or sinus infection.
- not recommended if you currently experience migraines or headaches on a regular basis. This treatment may increase headache severity. We can help you deal with the issue of headaches first, and then once you are headache-free can proceed to Facial Rejuvenation.
- not recommended if you are currently trying to conceive and are working through possible fertility issues. Acupuncture may be helpful to support fertility, but it should not be directed at facial rejuvenation during this time.
- not recommended during pregnancy. Acupuncture is very safe and can be helpful during pregnancy, but we do not suggest a series of intense facial rejuvenation treatments during this time.
- not recommended if you have had Botox or other injectibles in the past 4 months.
- not recommended if you have had skin resurfacing in the past 3 weeks.
- not recommended if you have had cosmetic surgery in past 6 months.
- not recommended if you are currently a smoker. Due to the damaging effects cigarette smoke has on skin you will not see the results you are looking for. If you are ready to quit and would like acupuncture to support smoking cessation, we would be happy to help you with this issue first.